- UTSA Dining is environmentally conscious through local purchasing, minimalizing waste by recycling, offering reusable Eco-To-Go containers, recycling fryer oil, and going strawless at most dining locations.
- UTSA Dining promotes responsible portioning and reduced waste at all stages of the dining process, from preparation to service.
- UTSA Dining is working to improve labeling on recycling and trash receptacles in the John Peace Library and Student Union food courts to provide better education on recyclable items.
- Pending additional coordination with Civic Engagement, UTSA Dining is researching “Recycling Ambassador” volunteer opportunities to assist customers in identifying reusable items from landfill-designated materials.
- By serving food on dishware instead of trays, the Roadrunner Café minimizes water use.
- Customers can reduce paper use by declining printed receipts.
- Learn more about UTSA Dining’s environmental initiatives.